Saturday, July 7, 2012

Women can fix tires too.

If you have ever met me you probably have realized that I am a pretty independent person.  I think a lot of this has to do with me being an only child.  Anyways back to what I was saying. I don't mind being alone, I can actually go to the bathroom by myself (unlike most women) and I have this drive to prove that I can do whatever the task set before me on my own.  I have terrible luck with cars especially with tires.  I have probably had 10-15 tire repairs in the past 4 years.  I am really not exaggerating.  It is terrible.  I have changed flats in super hot weather most memorably at Adriana's with Casey right along side me. Shout out to her!  I have used the ole handy fix-a-flat when needed and any other means to hold my tires together until I can have them serviced.  I find it COMPLETELY and ABSOLUTELY annoying and irritating that 9 out of 10 times when I enter Sears or Walmart or whatever service center establishment that they assume because I am a female I do not know that my tire is low and needs to be repaired and/or replaced.  Does it really take a man to see that the tire is not at the correct pressuring reading?! Obviously I am pretty angry about this particular subject.  I had a most unpleasant experience today with an absolute jerk when I went to get yet another tire fixed.  Instead of punching him as I wanted to I just sat there and thought "Well I guess I need to have a man with me to even be taken seriously to get my tire fixed." How ludacris is that? It made me kinda angry that I was even considering having to have a man do that for me. I know boys who cannot even change a tire (you know who you are). Don't get me wrong. I love men. I want to get married, have babies, the whole nine yards but I don't want to have to need one to do the simplest of things.  This is just annoying.  Maybe I have multiple factors working against me. I am a female, blonde, young, and I am a pretty nice person most of the time. Does this scream idiot? I am not really sure.  I should probably stop trying to analyze the minds of these men who are stereotyping me.  Well I feel better. My diatribe is complete. Hopefully people who read this won't think that I am a man basher or uberfeminist.  I am just trying to do my best as a single independent girl out on my own.  Just trying to fix one tire at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment